Saturday, April 28, 2007

It seemed like such a good idea at the time…

Feed up with doing the main part of the household duties I saw mychores.co.uk as a potential solution. It was also, as I had expected, received with positive excitement by the boys. Well at least the youngest one… (teenagers need a lot more than that to reach excitement state). Still nobody opposed it and we decided to get going. It works in a way that there is a list of what needs to be done and the chores are divided on a rolling schedule. One gets messages on the mail of ones due tasks.



Thing is I didn’t realise there was that much to be done! Now that I realise the amount, I also realise the necessity of having a dirty house in order to have a life. I will now end my subscription. My house will be a mess, but I will be all the happier for it. A messy house means one’s got better and more useful things to do than cleaning.


I might just do that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marie, it's Aimee here, creator of MyChores.

So sorry to hear that the amount of tasks got you down. I know exactly how you feel, it's happened to me before. I just have to remember that my home didn't become a junk yard before i had MyChores, and it's not going to now. You just need to set up a realistic schedule that you can stick to, and it can feel quite satisfying, i promise! ;)

Let me know if there's anything i can do to help, either by deleting tasks for you, or just ensuring that you and your family have all email notifications switched off so that it never bothers you again.

All the best,
Aimee.